Friday 12 August 2011

Distressed....

England seems to have lost summer, it's wet and drizzly again here. Today's card is another to add to the card box for my daughters to use when they have a friend's birthday. They both love bunting and more of a shabby style to cards so this week's challenge at Charisma Cardz - Distressing was perfect for me.  I have been distressing the edges of my cards for years so I dread to think how much card dust I have inhaled!!



There is something about kraft card with red that I love. I made these little pennants with some scraps of Kaiserkraft paper which I really love using, I must get some more as I have nearly used it all now. I cut the hearts with my nesties and added these cute little tiny buttons to finish with. What do you think of the red button twine? I thought I would only use it for Christmas cards but I think it works on this card too. Fininshed off with a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Say it Loud set (have I mentioned that I love this set??)
I am also entering this card into the Craft us Crazy challenge which is Anything goes and Craft Your Days Away challenge - Birthdays.





I also made a few tags last night while I had the scraps box to hand, I found these old chipboard butterflies so I sanded then lightly with sandpaper to distress them a bit and inked the white one as well. I love making tags, great for using up those tiny little scraps you just can't bear to throw away.

Stamps - Waltzingmouse
Red Button Twine and seam binding - Pretty Little Ribbon Shop
Papers from my scraps box

 Thanks for taking the time to visit,
Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. Your banner card is gorgeous. I really like the Kraft and red together too.

    The tags are beautiful also.

    Thanks for joining in our birthday celebration at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous, Sarah. I especially love the heart and button pennants - So cute! Super tags, too. Love the butterflies and soft colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card hun! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. all super super cute! love the little banner and it all looks fabulous "framed" the way you've done it. thanks for sharing your lovely project with the Charisma Galz this week, and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your work... that banner card is fabulous!

    Thank you for particpating in the Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete