Sunday 14 August 2011

Anything but a card....

It's nice to sometimes make something a little different don't you think?  I love making cards, it's the one thing I always want to do, it's so nice when people appreciate something you have made especially for them.  I am not a scrapbooker, I have tried in the past but I think I have a fear of all that space on a 12x12 piece of card.  I have dabbled in mini books and still occasionally make one for a gift for a special occasion. Altering things is something I love to do, I don't so much anymore but I still save anything that I think I can transform, old boxes from Christmas gifts, jars, etc.




Today's show and tell is an old picture that I have revamped, this was so quick and easy! Luckily the frame was already white,I am currently altering another one but I have to paint the frame as it's gold and I want to hang it with this one.
This frame was originally a photo frame that my daughter had in her room, she's grown up now and wanted a more modern look so this frame was going spare.  I put a new piece of white card inside carefully cutting around the inner frame and then used a scrap of kraft card and some pretty pale pearly pink buttons adhered with glossy accents with a small hydrangea flower to add some interest. It was finished in no time at all. 

Sorry the photos are not up to much, I couldn't use the flash as it reflected off the glass and it is very grey here this morning.
I am entering this into Allsorts challenge this week - Anything But A Card.

Prima flower
Card from scraps box
Buttons from Pretty Little Ribbon Shop

thanks for looking
Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. I love to refurbish and alter things, too, Sarah. Love your sweet button heart in a frame x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sarah, I love altered creations and this is simply elegant!
    Thanks for joining in with our Anything but a card week here at Allsorts and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so elegant, just beautiful. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and so elegant!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete