Wednesday 16 November 2011

Jolly Holly Days...

This morning I thought I would make a card for Jules Crafty Snippet challenge as I missed last week so I had a little rummage in the snippets box to find a few bits and pieces to make a Cristmas card. I am so glad I did as this card has turned out to be my  favourite Christmas card make so far this year!!  I enjoyed myself so much I made a tag to match, I'll add a piece of ribbon to the tag when I know which wrapping paper I will be using.



For this card I used a Spellbinders poinsettia set which I bought last year this is the first time I have used it.  I think they have released a new one this year which I prefer but I cannot afford another so this one will have to do! First I found a scrap of red paper which I stamped with a Waltzingmouse text stamp to add a little detail. I then cut several different flowers and curled up the petals slightly.  There is no leaf die in the set so I decided to stamp some holly leaves using a stamp from Waltzingmouse Festive Foilage. As you can see I used lots of snippets of green paper and I like the effect of using different colours and patterns.





I layered up some more snippets for the background and stitched it all together. the sentiment is another Waltzingmouse stamp (can you tell I am a bit of a fan of Claire's stamps?)



The tag just took a few minutes to put together using some of the smaller snippets.

I'm entering these into the following challenges;

Stamptacular Sunday - Punch It (includes die cuts)
Make it Monday - Anything goes
St Lukes Charity card Challenge - Christmas
Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge - Anything Christmas with pearls (pearl brad)

Thanks for visiting
Sarah x

13 comments:

  1. These are super pretty!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! To win this week's fabulous prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah

    A brilliant Christmas card and tag. I love the poinsetta die, and your snippet of paper. It's surprising what we come up with using snippets.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant christmascard and tag, love the colors, and the pointsetta.thank you for joining our challenge this week at Stamptacular Sunday

    Hugs Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful Sarah. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week for our Punch It Challenge
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah

    Loving your Christmas card and tag .. .. that die has made two gorgeous pointsetta flowers.

    I love the colours you have used and your beautiful stitching too.

    Thank you for sharing two lovely makes this week in the snippet playground.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning! I love the colours and and the stamps work perfectly (I love Claire's stamps too!)
    Thanks so much for joining our Christmas card challenge at St Lukes.
    Tara x
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!!! As a fan of the rodent, I just love the way you've used Claire's stamps. The card and tag are brilliant. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and tag, Sarah. Love the Kraft card with pretty paper strip...looks perfect! Also love the poinsettia:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous....and I love your use of kraft card, beatufiul. Thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah, Gorgeous snippet makes. Lovely poinsettia die, hope it gets lots more outings. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - love what you've made. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Poinsettia's are so pretty, I love the stamped patterns on the petals and leaves:)
    Thank you for supporting St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete