Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!!.....

Good Morning everyone and I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year!

I'm starting with our very first challenge of the New Year at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Blog, this month Peet chose the challenge;

Be My Valentine..

A very nice change from all those Christmas cards we have all been making! So now I am swapping snowflakes for hearts.

The prize this month is a package of gorgeous vintage style seam binding





Her is my card for the challenge





I decided not to use the traditional  colours associated wth Valentines Day and instead used browns and creams with gold.   The heart is my much used stamp from Waltzingmouse - Seasons of Love set which I embossed in gold with a sentiment from the same set. I added some sheer elegance ribbon in pearl to the heart


.

I layered this onto a doily (still my favourite crafting item!)  and behind this I used a strip of Champagne Wired silky crushy ribbon.
The papers are MME - Lost and Found BLUSH and I finished off with a few self adhesive pearls in Ivory.

Why not pop over and join us for this month's challenge and get ahead with your Valentine's Day cards? We'd love to see your creations.

Thanks for looking
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sartah

    Wow what a beautiful and so elegant Valentine card, it's just gorgeous.

    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Sarah. I love your beautiful embossed heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sarah and a really inspirational use of your pretty little doilies. I actually got round to using one yesterday, the mojo's been on go slow.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sarah! A real beauty!

    ReplyDelete