Wednesday 17 August 2011

Eat Cake!!

That's what I'll be doing later hopefully as my daughter has a friend round today and they are happily baking cupcakes in my kitchen right now. A more accurate description could be that they are using every possible bowl, utensil and worksurface and making a bit of a mess, but it seems to be making them happy.

Today's card also features cake! I made this for todays challenge at Simons Says Stamp which is Food and Drink, and also my first entry for Jules' Crafty Snippet Challenge.



I used some really old papers in my scraps box I think they were from Making Memories but I can't remember as I have had them for years! The image was salvaged from one of my failed attempts of last Saturday's card, I wasted 3 card blanks but managed to save one of the stamped images from Waltzing Mouse so I am hoping this will also count as a snippet.. Finished off with some pretty pink organza ribbon and some more snippets this time of pink button twine.

Stamps - Waltzingmouse
Flowers from stash
Ribbon, button twine and button from Pretty Little Ribbon Shop

Thanks for looking,
Sarah x

10 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card, Sarah. Love the gingham paper, sweet image and embellishments.

    I'm late blogging today. Only just got back from a day out in the countryside x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah this is beautiful .. .. I love it!!!

    Fantastic use of your snippets and such a lush image and bow too.

    Hope you enjoyed eating your cakes .. .. your duaghter's cooking technique sounds very similar to my hubby's (but I'm not complaining .. it is nice to get out of cooking sometimes LOL!!).

    Thank you for joining me in the snippet playground this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Sarah and great use of your snippets! What a laugh about every utensil being out - I'm afraid that tends to be my way of cooking! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Sarah (as always!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card love the image, sounds just like my family they use everything just to make beans on toast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, love the cake - yum !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really pretty card - like that you have distressed the edges of the paper and what a gorgeous bow. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cake is so happy and elegant. I love all of the little details here: the distressing, the bow and the flowers all work so well together. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete