Friday 20 July 2012

It's Stopped Raining!!

Good Morning,

Well it has finally stopped raining here! I've never known such a wet and rainy summer. While its been raining I've been doing a bit of cardmaking, trying to fill up my card box as it's looking a bit sad and empty.

This little card was made using up some scraps lying around my desk, I stitched them together randomly. Sorry the photo is not very good on this one!




I cut out a Picot edge circle and then sponged the circle with pink ink. The sentiment was then stamped on 
top and I embellished with these sweet little sugar and spice pearls from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop.  The siam pink seam binding was another scrap lying around on my desk, I tied a triple bow and then attached it to my card. More pearls to finish with.

I have a few more projects on the go so I'll be back to share them soon.

Sentiment Stamp - Waltzingmouse
Seam binding and pearls - Pretty Little Ribbon Shop

I'm entering this card into the following challenges;

Crafts and Me -Ribbon and a bow
Moving along with the Times - Pink, Pearly and Pretty
Stampalot challenge - Crafty Passions - pretty papers, seam binding and pearls

Thanks for visiting
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Such a beautiful card. I love all the pretty pink scraps and pearls you used, and your stitching looks fab.
    It's teaming down here, again! Living so near to the Pennines doesn't help, but we're sick of it now. It's been like this since May.
    I hope you continue to have good weather and enjoy a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so pretty, perfect selection of scraps too. Love your stitching. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful and elegant card

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Sarah! So very pretty and feminine. Love the stitching, and what a lovely way to use up some scraps. Thank you for sharing your Crafty Passion with us at Stampalot Challenge, and good luck.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Sarah,

    I dare not say it too loudly but it has actually stopped raining here as well, there is even a glimmer of sunshine.

    I really have never known a year like it, normally by mid-July we are hard to find decent grass the horses, this year there's plenty of it but it's far too wet to turn into hay, let alone allow the horses to graze as it is so wet underfoot.

    Your card is just lovely, beautiful soft pastels pinks and the stitching so beautifully neat and accurate.

    Thank you so much for sharing your 'Crafty Passion' with us at Stampalot Challenge this month.

    I have my new word recognition system up and running, it seems to be working brilliantly for blogging, so hopefully I will get chance to join in pretty little ribbons challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so simple and so gorgeous - love that bow! thanks for playing along at MAWTT hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah this is such a beautiful card! I love the ribbon! Thanks for stopping by my Blog too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Beautiful , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty page. Thanks so much for joining the Sir Stampalot challenge this month, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, thanks for playing along at MAWTT and I hope you will join us again soon
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Sarah I love all the stitching and the gorgeous colour ribbon.
    hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete