Saturday 4 February 2012

Stitching.....

I've beem AWOL again! Things have been hectic here as we had a new arrival in our household this week - a gorgeous puppy called Rufus!! He is adorable but very time consuming at the moment and I am struggling to do any crafting at all. 

I have managed a card for this week's challenge at Craft Your Days Away as I have very kindly been asked to be a Guest Designer for this weeks challenge which is  Stitching (Real or Faux)
Sponsored this week by the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop the prize is some gorgeous bundles of Seam binding in five different colours.




A perfect challenge for me as I love using my sewing machine on my cards! 



I made a Birthday card using some really pretty new papers I bought from MME Lost and Found collection -Madison Avenue. I used  sentiment stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps - Say it Loud set.




I decided to try and make some roses from seam binding and I have to say I am really pleased with how they turned out, I used some pearl beads from an old bracelet my daughter didn't want anymore and then just loosley twisted the rose pink seam binding into a rose shape securing with the odd stitch as I went. These were really quick to make and used hardly any seam binding for each rose, and also very inexpensive.  I'll definitely be making more of these.



I finished off with a double length of  pink divine baker's twine and a few rose dew drops and of course the required stitching! 

Why not pop over and see see the Design team's fabulous samples, you might be inspired to join in with the challenge - remember the stitching can also be faux so you don't need to have a sewing machine. Or maybe try a bit of handstitching?

Thanks so much for popping by, I'll be back with another challenge card soon.
Sarah x  

4 comments:

  1. Super card, Sarah. I love your ribbon roses, the pearl centres really make them pop.
    Awe, a puppy...I've gone all soppy - lol! I know they're hard work but sooooo adorable! What breed have you got?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an elegant card Sarah and I am loving those roses. hope you have a nice weekend
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping over from the CYDA blog to tell you how much I like your card. Love the subtle colour of those ribbon roses! I created a similar effect using a different technique on this card, but I ended up with pieces of ribbon at the back of my card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card! Your stitching is phenomenal--a talent I have yet to master (even though my parents got me a sewing machine 3 Christmases ago lol!) The roses are absolutely gorgeous and complete your card perfectly! Beautiful and inspiring work Sarah! Thanks for sponsering AND guest hostessing the CYDA challenge YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete